Matt Gerber – CEO
Mr. Gerber brings more than 25 years of experience and proven leadership in growing technology companies. Prior to joining Digital Fortress, Mr. Gerber was most recently an executive at 2nd Watch, an Amazon Web Services Premier Partner. Mr. Gerber’s roles prior to 2nd Watch include CEO at IT-Lifeline, a cloud-based disaster recovery company, and CEO at SprayCool, a data center cooling infrastructure provider. Mr. Gerber currently serves as a board member for the Blue Box Group, an OpenStack cloud software and services company and Rohinni, a developer of next generation lighting technology.
Diane Hager – Controller
Serving as a financial expert for multimillion-dollar companies like Ticketmaster, Ms. Hager has comprehensive experience in analysis, planning and execution working with budgetary goals. With a B.S. in business administration from the University of South Dakota, she brings dynamism and invaluable understanding to every aspect of business mechanics within the newly formed Digital Fortress.
Kurt Widmann – VP of Sales and Marketing
As the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Kurt Widmann orchestrates the continued expansion and direction of the Digital Fortress brand. This includes envisioning go-to-market strategies, managing a technically strong sales team and overseeing channel partnerships. Mr Widmann’s more than 17 years of professional experience includes a prior role at Adhost Data Centers where he was Vice President, Sales and Marketing. From the Adhost’s beginnings in the Seattle technology market to its tremendous growth and subsequent acquisition by TierPoint Data centers, Kurt was responsible for establishing strong brand awareness and growing enterprise sales focused on colocation, virtualization/cloud and managed service offerings. A Washington native, Mr. Widmann holds a BA – International Studies from the University of Washington.
Kevin Teker – Datacenter Facilities Manager
My current role as a Facilities Manager for a colocation provider with two data-center locations provides me with a broad experience and tools to comprehensively meet the expectations and requirements for our customers. I have over 20 years of experience in the facilities management and construction fields. I previously worked for 8 years on remote high security military bases in Alaska, Washington & Hawaii as a civilian contractor; afterwards, for 9 years I managed facilities and production at one of the best motor yacht production facilities where we built 236 foot luxury yachts that sold all over the world.
This various work history has helped me build a network of professional relationships with local and national vendors and also has provided me with a wide breadth of understanding and knowledge pertaining to property and facilities management in high tech/data-center, office and production environments.
Here is a summary of my current role at Digital Fortress:
- Manage construction of a new 25k sq. ft. data center with 24” raised floor cooling and 4MW of generator and UPS-backed power.
- Provide facilities management for existing 45k sq. ft. collocation data center to include maintenance, project management, emergency repairs and staff training and supervision.
- Ensure facilities are operating to expectations of Board of Directors and in accordance with industry best practices and defined standards per SSAE16 Certification.
- Manage cost and schedule oversight for all service contracts.
- Plan, budget and manage major construction projects to upgrade facility infrastructure and equipment and customer installations.
Ming Pan – Data Center Manager
I am currently managing the day to day tasks for all new and existing customers at Digital Fortress. I have worked in the IT industry for over 11 years with computer hardware and network cabling experience.
A brief summary of my current role at Digital Fortress:
- Assist facilities manager in emergency oversight and NOC staff management during construction or maintenance projects.
- Ensure all scheduled maintenance and necessary repairs are performed on critical equipment and documentation is completed.
- Maintain significant depth of understanding of critical infrastructure: UPS, Generator, HVAC, and AC/DC Power Distribution and distribution.
- Assist Network Manager in all aspects of customer server, cabling and installation.